Top 5 Do's and Don'ts for your Headshots!
Here are our 5 top Do's and 5 top Don'ts for your headshot session!
Getting ready for your headshot photography appointment doesn't have to be complicated! See our top 5 do's and top 5 don'ts. don't worry, we will help you plan the perfect wardrobe for your headshot appointment after you have booked your date!
- Do dress as you would to a job interview or audition.
- Do wear solid color clothing.
- Do try your best to take direction. You’re working with a professional who wants you to look and feel your best!
- Do make sure your hair is neat and styled the way you want it.
- Do relax and smile!
- Don’t wear distracting clothing.
- Don’t wear clothing with words or large logos to your headshot session.
- Don’t over-accessorize - less is more.
- Don’t wear clothing that you don’t feel comfortable in or it will show in your expression.
- Don’t use outdated headshots. Their maximum shelf life is 2 years!
Keep it simple! We will help you plan the perfect wardrobe, using color psychology or sticking to your brand colors. Having your headshot taken shouldn't feel overwhelming - if you are overwhelmed, reach out so we can help!
- Michele Johns