What to Wear for Your Headshot Session
Here are five helpful recommendations on choosing the right outfit for your headshot!
Navigating the ins and outs of professional style can be tricky.
1. Keep it authentic and genuine to who you are as a person. Don't overdo it! Be sure
that this is something you are willing to wear in your everyday routine.
2. Sometimes, less is more. Begin with finding your outfit first. Find colors that mesh
with your personality. Your outfit reveals who you are as a person!
3. Have multiple options! We can shoot more than one look to ensure we capture
your personality correctly. Try to mix it up, go for a bold look with one, and
something more natural with the other.
4. As Jennifer Aniston eloquently puts it in Office Space, "flair!" Accessorize for the
occasion. For men, put on those cuff links, equip your best belt, shoes, a tie, and
maybe even a scarf. For women, put on the bracelet, necklace, and earrings, and throw
on your best shoes! (They may not be in the shot, but they can instill absolute
confidence needed for your headshot!)
5. Try, try, and try again. Put together different outfits and see how they work
together. Move around, look in the mirror, and see if your spouse gives you a second
glance as you walk past. You will know when you have it right!
6. With all of this great advice, it sounds easy, right? It can still be tough, as we often
overthink when we are trying to prepare. If you find yourself in a rut, feel free to
reach out to me. I am more than happy and take pleasure in helping you succeed!
Together we can create the perfect outfit.
Our headshot and branding studio is located in Round Rock, Texas, just 20 miles north of Austin, Texas.